Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Making a Difference...I CAN

As I have grown as and adult and even as a younger kid, I have always really liked to help people out.  However, I have not always been the most proactive in this category either.  A lot of times, I have really good ides, at least I think they are, but sometimes I seem to have a hard time following through with them.  Just like this blog, I have wanted to do this for a while, but just needed to do it.  Which seems to be what I need to do with a lot of my ideas.  I have always admired people who can follow through on their dreams and ideas without hesitation.  My problem always seems to be with the follow through, unless I am held accountable for it, by someone.  All the people reading this, you are holding me accountable!  After starting this, I know I CAN follow through on this blog.
As far as making a difference, I have one of my ideas that I really want to make happen.  First, I want to say I am very fortunate to work in a place were I have so much support.  Some of my co-workers are unbelievable with generosity and what they will do to make things happen, all in the name of good.
My plan is get my school moving.  I want it to be BIG.  We have a week coming in February that we call FUN week.  Fun is an acronym for Fitness Unites with Nutrition.  My problem with this week is it is just that, it is one week.  Fitness and nutrition is not a one week deal, it is a lifestyle that anybody CAN make happen.  It may take baby steps to get there but I believe anyone CAN take those steps.  During that week, I will have a kickoff to get students, teachers, parents and anybody else who wants to make those step towards a healthy lifestyle.  Sure, I know I will have a bunch who will buck the system.  But, I believe I CAN make a difference with some of the population I work with, whether it is students, teachers, and/or parents.
After speaking with friends at Live Uncommon and getting much encouragement today, I have an even better grasp on what I CAN do.  As I set out on my journey to help our community live a healthy lifestyle, I will keep you posted.
As for my plan, I am still in the working phase to finalize the layout to change our week of fitness into a lifetime of change and happiness with a healthy lifestyle.  What I do know, I WILL give this my best effort to give the people of my community the opportunity to take a step in the right direction and join in THE REVOLUTION.  I am very excited about this and am excited to share the upcoming events as I finalize them.  Until next post, I WILL be making every effort to make a difference in my community because I CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment